Tuesday, April 24, 2012

sewing project: Zara blessing dress

You know how when you work so hard on something and when you're done all you can see is flaws?  It took me a day to get over that with this dress.  Now all I feel is pride.  If you've been a follower for a while you would know that one of my favorite things to sew are little girl dresses.  This one was a challenge because it's the smallest dress I've ever sewn.  It's tied with this dress as a my favorite sewing project.  Reason being, they both turned out pretty much how I planned them!
To make her dress I took apart a sleeveless dress I never wore because I couldn't make it work.  I loved the fabric so I held onto it for some reason.  Glad I did!  It allowed me to cut a few corners.  I didn't have to hem the bottom of the skirt or put a zipper in!
My mom made Avery's blessing dress so I'm glad Zara's also has sentimental value.  I hope she treasures it and possibly dresses her daughter(s) in it some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment